Today we are going to see how make roasted chicken with tangerine and raisins. Like all roast chicken recipes, this one is also very easy. This recipe is full of color and flavor, making it a perfect dish to surprise in the upcoming Christmas season.
Chicken combines great with the tangerine and raisins sweetness. For this occasion I decided to also aromatize it with fresh thyme, mustard grains and garam masala. A combination of irresistible flavors!
Step by step recipe video:
Coming soon on my YouTube channel.
Ingredients for roasted chicken with tangerine and raisins:
- 2 chicken hindquarters
- 6 ½ tablespoons of brandy
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 tangerines
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar or honey
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 onions or fennel
- ½ cup of raisins
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
How to make roasted chicken with tangerine and raisins:
First of all, preheat the oven at 200ºC (390 ºF).
To make the marinade: squeeze the juice from one of the tangerines and place it in a bowl. Also add olive oil, brandy, garam masala, brown sugar, mustard grains, salt and pepper.
Rinse and dry the fresh thyme and add the leaves to the mixture. Separating the thyme leaves from the stem is very easy, just have to pull them down. I love thyme, and it will bring a very fresh aroma to the chicken.
Mix well and set aside.
Then, peel the onion or fennel and cut into large pieces. Slice the tangerines.
I have used chicken hindquarters, but you can use a whole chicken. Remember that depending on the size of the pieces, the baking time will changes.
In a baking tray, place the chicken and marinade. It’s important to impregnate the chicken well with the mixture, since that is what will give it flavor. Cover with the onion/fennel, the slices of mandarin and the raisins.
Roast it at 200ºC (390 ºF) for 45 minutes until the skin is brown and crisp.
- So that the chicken is tastier, once we have everything placed on the baking tray and before roasting, cover it with cling film and let it marinate for several hours or overnight.
- When the chicken is roasted, pour cooking liquid into a small saucepan. Place over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, then simmer until sauce is reduced. Pour heated sauce over chicken.