Ingredients for lemon and poppy seed pancakes:
- 190 g (1 ½ cup) flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon zest
- 56 g (½ cup) melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 290 g (1 ½ cup) of milk
- 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds
For the lemon glaze:
- 125 g (1 cup) of powdered sugar
- 60 g (¼ cup) of fresh lemon juice
- Poppy seeds
How to make lemon and poppy seed pancakes:
In a large bowl mix all the liquid ingredients and add the dry sifted ingredients, mix. Add poppy seeds and lemon zest; mix well
Heat a non-stick satin, brush with butter and pour the desired amount of dough. Once it is curdled turn and let cook a few seconds. Repeat with the whole dough.
To make the lemon glaze, mix the lemon juice with the powdered sugar and poppy seeds.
Serve the warm pancakes with the lemon glaze.